Sunday, April 6, 2014

Growing green

My wrist is a little better today, but so far I've been taking it easy.  I haven't done any knitting, but I got the beads out for my Daenerys.
I think they are going to be just perfect. I may try casting on when the show premieres tonight. Stay tuned for progress.

In other news, today was an absolutely beautiful day. Mom helped my get some pics of my gloves (tune in tomorrow) and then we repotted some of her plants.

My love of green and growing things definitely comes from her. Growing up, some parts of our house looked like a tropical jungle - she always had tonne of house plants. While she doesn't have as many as she used to, the back porch is still covered in the summer, and they are spread through out the house in the winter.

In payment for my help, I got to bring this one home.
Hopefully I can keep Rocky from eating it!

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

The beads look just right - enough contrast to pop. Cant wait to see everyone's Daernyis :) SamiT is the daughter of one of my coworkers and she has just taken up knitting in the last several weeks. She has taken to Ravelry like a duck to water, as well!

Delusional Knitter said...

Cant wait to see how you bead it, I've had it in my queue for a while. Just caught up to season 3 done today, my cable had free hbo on demand this week.

Araignee said...

I am so jealous of your good weather. Maybe it's coming our way now. It's been so windy and cold and now rain. I haven't even pulled the leaves off the garden yet and it's April.
If I wasn't so over committed and over burdened I'd so be knitting that gorgeous shawl with you.

Rachelle said...

Those beads are going to add a nice wee bit of bling to the shawl.

Anonymous said...

The beads and yarn look like they will play well together.

Hope the wrist cooperates.