Thursday, April 10, 2014

At last!

Yep! I'm gonna say it! Spring is finally here.

Yes. I know Mother Nature may toss another bout of snow at us (but it wont' last long) and some of my fellow Ontarians are still trying to get rid of the snowpiles they already have. Including this one at Mom's...
Of course, Ladydog doesn't mind it so much.


But I'm declaring Spring at last because we've had several consecutive days above freezing (sure it was cold and rainy for some - but it wasn't ice and snow!), and look what's happening in my gardens...
The ever-bearing strawberries in the back garden are starting to green up! I was a little worried I lost these because I forgot to cover them up before winter, but looks like they did okay.

Out front...
I believe these are the mini-daffodils
And these should be the tulips. The squirrels did run off with some of the bulbs, but I've got about 25 plants just starting to poke up, so I'll consider that a success for this year!I've got to get out and clean some of the old dead plant life away, but that will wait for a warm sunny day - we should have one soon.

Indoors, I had to cover up the black eyed susans with saran-wrap again... the trays were getting noticiably sparser every day.

I strongly suspect someone striped and furry...
"Don't look at me... I was sitting here watching the squirrels the whole time... honest."

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Ahhhhh.......spring!

Rachelle said...

A cat never says "I was doing so and so, honest"; he merely says "you are mistaken" and leaves it at that. Even if you saw him do it.

lexa said...

All of my flowers are coming up. I must remember to look on the far side of the house and see if I have any daffodil buds yet. A lot of my stuff comes up early because it's right along the house foundation. It's supposed to rain tomorrow til mid-afternoon. I'm hoping to get out Sunday and clean up some leaves, clean out some gardens, and maybe move some flowers around. I've got some that need thinning out, but I've got other places to put them. Today is going to be windy but +12C, and the guy on the radio keeps saying Monday is sunny and +15C, I love it!!

Unknown said...

Hooray for SPRING!

elns said...

Growing things! How exciting. I love the picture of the cat staring intensely outside. hehe. Enjoy the spring.

Unknown said...

Yay for spring! We've got some insanely warm weather here in the Netherlands for this time of year, so I've planted some flowers on the balcony and furry baby Nala's been outside a few times now. I hope you'll get more sunny days soon! I've got my catgrass kit all ready to go & grow! Your pictures make me smile!

Delusional Knitter said...

Its finally warmed up here too (although yesterday was rainy and chilly). I haven't seen much in our yard yet - but its amazing when there is a sunny day how things pop out and grow so fast.