Since I was up at Mom's yesterday, I took the opporunity to get some finished shots of Daenerys. I'd originally planned to do modeled shots of it, but the weather is still too cool here for the dress I want to wear it with.
very pleased with how this one turned out. The colourway (Drogon) knit
up just how I imagine, the red and black blending nicely.
used a slightly smaller needle on this one than the orginal. The
orginal was knit in Top Cat on a 4.5mm. This one is knit in Twisted
Slinky, and it just doesn't have the same poof that that Top Cat does - I
think it looks much better at a smaller guage, so I went down to a 4mm
Naturally, I blocked the crap out of it, so it's a nice big one - about 68 inches wide.
And, I beaded the crap out of it too. I just love the weight beads give to a lace shawl.