Friday, April 25, 2014

How does your garden grow?

Things are getting sunnier and warmer outside, but it's still too early to do much playing in the garden.

Inside - the seeds I found on vacation aren't showing any signs of life yet, but I'll give them a few more weeks before I make a final verdict. The sunflowers, however, are going insane
The lavender (in the foreground) is much more subdued. There's only a few sprouts, but it's growing well.
In the background is the cat nip - it's doing VERY well!

And speaking of cat nip... last summer, I bought a cat nip plant from a local nursery near the end of the season. It wasn't in great shape, but I thought if I got it out of the pot and in the ground - it would pick up. But it never got the chance.... a certain someone ate it right down to the roots, and I figured it was done for.
Well apparently I was wrong. That same certain someone found the teeny, tiniest sprouts pushing up from the ground last night. Of course, he ate it right back down to the roots again, so it's hard to say if it's done for now... I guess time will tell.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Tux and I have a "nip" problem. ;-)

Delusional Knitter said...

Wow hes really diggig deep for those sprouts!!

Araignee said...

I've never had a cat that liked catnip.
Tux is too funny!

Rachelle said...

We had a cat scratcher thing once for my girls and Star paid it attention only when sprinkled with nip; both ignored it aside from that.

RobinH said...

My mom grew catnip, but she had to put a little cage over it so it would not get eaten to the ground. Any leaves that stuck out got eaten, so at the end of the summer, the plant was exactly the size of the cage less a tongue length...

Unknown said...

Aw! Tux is too cute! We have a pot with catnip on the balcony, Nala loves to chew on it..

We've had some gorgeous whether here in Amsterdam, everything is blooming and growing and there are birds and bees and butterflies!

lexa said...

My tomato plants are going crazy! They can't go outside for like another month or so yet, they are going to be HUGE!

Unknown said...

The top picture of your cat is really cool.

It sure looks like the little sprouts are doing well.

It's cute to see that Tux is helping with the gardening too. LOL.