Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Stuck

On a Wednesday, dark and dreary, I wandered to the stash, weak and weary...
I searched for something to inspire, and reignite my yarny fire....

So yeah - it's cold and rainy and I still don't want to work on any of my WIPs. I have been working on my Spring sock design and I am on the last leaf repeat. If I stick with it, I can have it done this weekend.

But tonight, I really needed something else. I searched through the stash for inspiration, then I search through my patterns, but I just couldn't get the two to work together.

Then I remember that I have a super secret project I'm suppose to be working on. I can't tell you much, but it's a nice small project and will hopefully get my knit-spiration moving again.
I'm using up some leftover Fat Cat and it's coming along nicely.

In other news, our Game of Thrones KAL has almost reached the halfway point. I've already finished my project, but there's still time to join in the fun.

I've decided to add one of my bags to prize pack, so today I ordered some special fabric
Isn't that cute? I wanted some dragon fabric to keep with our theme - and while this is far more innocent and whimsical than Game of Thrones, I just couldn't resist.

I ordered this fabric for the lining...
I think matching fabrics is one of my favourite parts of making these bags! And don't worry, now that the studio is clean, I'll be heading into production for the shop soon... stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooo...everything PINK today!!!

I just started a pair of pink socks. Must be something about spring that makes us gravitate to pink!

Unknown said...

The yarn ... the fabrics... they all are shouting "Spring!" Love it.

Samantha said...

Super cute patterns!! :)

Can't wait to hear more about the super secret project!

kathy b said...

Love both fabrics. Can't wait to see them together

Monika said...

I feel the same way at the moment, about all my WIP's. :o( Nothing feels right. The fabrics are super cute!