Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 8: Where the heck did it go?

I woke up this morning with less than 10 rows to go on the Daenerys shawl. I had plans to do some sewing today. But I thought hey... it's just 10 rows, I'll finish it up this morning, then sew in the afternoon. Being an experience shawl knitter, you'd think I'd know better....
It's done and blocking... but it took me until 5 p.m. Those last few rows are a killer. Especially when you're beading the crap out of them.
Admittedly, I did take a couple of breaks. The boys needed a mid-afternoon salad break
Which was clearly exhausting.

And as for me.... well I just can't get enough of the neighbourhood squirrels...
Seriously... they are just too much fun to watch.
I guess I'll do my sewing tomorrow....

4 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh that shawl is going to be so beautiful!!! Looks like the boys had a great time outside in the sun with the munching.

Araignee said...

It turned out gorgeous. I can't wait to see it on you!

Anonymous said...

There's ALWAYS tomorrow. LOL

The shawl looks lovely.

WildflowerWool said...

Sounds like a great day even if you didn't get to the sewing.