Monday, April 7, 2014

FO: Knotty

Now that the weather is warm, I decided it finish up my Knotty gloves.
This was a good pattern, and they should have been done quicker, but once I got to the fingers, I just lost all interest. Knitting fingers isn't particularly difficult, but it is tedious.
The yarn I used is White Birch Fiber Arts Sparkle - you can't see it in these pics, but yes, there is sparkle (as if rainbows weren't enough - I HAD to have sparkles!). I'm doing some graphic design work for this talented dyer, and word is there's another skein coming my way... matching hat, anyone?

Anyway, it's a fantastic yarn, and as you can see, she's got some seriously mad dyeing skills. Take it from me - two colour stripes are a lot of work... rainbow stripes... INSANE!

Now you may be going... hey - wasn't there more colour in those fingers? Yeah - I decided that I only wanted one finger to have a rainbow. For the left glove (the first one I knit), the ring finger was already solid rainbow - and I thought it was a good metaphor for love. So I ripped back the fingers  and knit them with solid blue.

And for the right hand... well the yarn colourway is "Nothing says screw you like a rainbow."

It was only appropriate...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little warning, please!!!!! I have iced tea all over my keyboard. LOL I can't believe you wrote what I was thinking.

Oh my gosh.....I need to go recover a bit. My ribs hurt from laughing so hard.

BTW ---- GREAT gloves!

Araignee said...

Hilarious! I need a pair of those!

Rachelle said...

They look fantastic!

Monika said...

I love that you only did one Rainbow finger on each glove!

kathy b said...

hysterical. LOVE this post. And yes we have to finish our winter knits the minute we don't' need them

RobinH said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Wow. Gloves with a message! LOL.

Oh, and beautiful start on the beaded shawl.

elns said...

Haha! I love the photo and gloves. The fact you love some sparkle makes me very happy!

Delusional Knitter said...

I LOVE THEM!!! I especially like the rainbow middle finger!!