Friday, April 3, 2015

April Fool

Well... Hell didn't show up (or if it didn't it's not that much different than earth), and the only high water was in the kitchen sink... but the baby blanket did not get done by the end of March.

I was almost to the final seed stitch border, when I look down and noticed that the second to last butterfly was horribly mishapen. I have no idea what I did, but I couldn't leave it like that.

I tried to ladder down and fix it, but it just wasn't working. So, out came the needle and I frogged back.... all 20 some odd rows I'd completed that night.

By the time I got it back on the needle, I just didn't have the heart to work on it any more. Not to mention, it took me all night to get as far as I did. It would have meant stating up until 3 or 4 a.m. to get it done. So I put it away and went to bed.

It took until 10 p.m. last night to get back up to where I was before the frogging. Another hour and I was FINALLY casting off.
It's blocking now, and a proper FO post will follow when it's dry.

But for now... it's a holiday here in Canada, so I'm turning my attention to knitting something FUN!

6 comments:

Araignee said...

That's the worst thing ever. At least you have a happy (well earned) ending. It's beyond adorable!

Anonymous said...

I hate when those late-night frogs show up. But, the blanket looks great now.

Have a great weekend!

Samantha said...

I love it. Sorry about the frogging, but it was worth it to get the butterfly right. :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So, so close! Never mind, it's beautiful and it's done now! Yay for fun knitting!!

Unknown said...

I hate it when I have to frog...but sometimes it's a MUST DO. Well, there went a few hours of knitting for naught... but then, time spent knitting is always good... And now the project is finished. It is a beautiful baby blanket!! Anxious to see the final pictures.

kathy b said...

What a beautiful finish. Im sorry you had to frog first