Monday, April 27, 2015

Back to work, back to socks

It's Monday again - and that means a new pair of socks for lunch time knitting since the Broken Seed Stitch are off the needles.

For my next pair, I dug deep in the stash and pulled out a skein of dark and mysterious Alley Cat.
Dark beauty
The colour is "Blackened" but it's really a super dark bluey-purple. If I remember correctly, it was an overdye of a truly hideous skein.

For the pattern, I chose my Sagittarius sock. My original pair wore out a few years ago and I've wanted to re-kit for a long time. This yarn seemed perfect for it.
Little arrowheads
I modded the cuff and did a 1-1 rib (pattern calls for 2-2), but other than that, I'm knitting it as is. (I'm even going to do a long leg!)

I forgot how much I love this pattern. It's one of those that goes really quickly because you want to complete a whole pattern repeat before setting it down.  And before you know it - your socks are done!
Pattern stretched out - just a touch of lace
I should be able to get a whole repeat done each lunch hour, so these will seem to just fly off the needles!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the color; love the pattern. I can see why you are revisiting this sock. Very nice!

WildflowerWool said...

lovely!

kathy b said...

pretty pretty alreadY!

elns said...

Oooo, I like this. The colorway definitely lends itself to the pattern! I think it's funny you mention this yarn was an overdye of a previous hideous skein. hehe, i dunno. I like the word hideous, and it's just such a pretty color to me.

I do know what you mean about the pattern going faster, because you want to get a whole pattern repeat done! You are absosmurfly right!

Araignee said...

These are going on my to-do list for sure.

Bridget said...

Oh I like these! I might have to give the pattern a try. :-)

Rachelle said...

I love the yarn and the pattern, I can see that I'll have to buy that pattern at some point to make it up!

RobinH said...

As you may remember, I knit this pattern once- and loved the pattern so much I turned around and made another pair! And now I want to do it again with some of my new birthday yarn!