Saturday, April 11, 2015

Suds

I've mentioned before that I have a great love of bath time. Well, bath time just got even better!

I've been admiring Araignee's soap making skills since she started, several months back. While she might not think they are are all fabulous - to me, each batch just seemed to get better and better!

A few weeks back, she admired some yarns I'd flashed, and I proposed a trade - hand-dyed yarn for hand-made soap! (Yet another reason to love the internets!)

The package she made me arrived this week and I was so giddy going through and checking out each bar.

There's great flavours like Buttermilk and Grapefruit, Sweet Almond and Chammomile, Goats Milk and Calendula, Orange with Shea Butter and Mango butter, Exfoliating Coffee, and Oatmeal, Apricot Sread and Coconut Oil! And they all look good enough to eat. In fact, when Dave glanced over, he thought I'd ordered some fudge!

And just look at her packaging
I had to open these bags to check out the soaps inside, but I've saved the flowers... I'm thinking they'd look just perfect on a knitted cloche!

She even knit up a little soap rug to go with them
(I opened that one first because it has sparkles in it!!!)

Now... bring on bath time!

5 comments:

kathy b said...

She is amazing! Love the heart soap!

Unknown said...

Jealous! I just told her she needs to sell her soap because I've been lusting after it!! Love the packaging too.

Araignee said...

I am glad they made it there safe and sound. I had visions of them melting! Be wary of the exfoliants-the coffee and the apricot seed. They pack a big wallop so use them on your rough spots-sparingly.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...everything looks so SWEET!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, beautiful soap!! Enjoy!