Thursday, April 16, 2015

The game is on!

I've finally cast on for my Sherlock cardigan
 It's slow going. Not only am I modding it up a size or two, but I've also rejigged it so I can work it top-down (pattern is written bottom-up) so I can try it on as I go and make sure my mods are working. That, combined with increases in the colourwork mean things are going to move a little slowly - at least until I get past the yoke.

I am enjoying it so far. I think they type of yarn you use in colourwork can make all the difference - and the Stray Cat is definitely up to the job. It's soft and squishy, and so lovely to knit with  - it's not hard to keep the tension even on the floats.

It's going to be fun watching this one develop.

4 comments:

RobinH said...

What I find with colorwork is that it goes very quickly because it's so much fun watching the pattern emerge that I can't put it down.

Unknown said...

You are really making the work interesting with all the mods. I'm certainly interested in seeing the color pattern as you progress. Love a new cast-on!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it will!

Happy knitting!

Araignee said...

You are so right about the yarn, The Chroma I am using for Tracery is terrible. The colors are nice but the black is thicker than the green which is not good.