Saturday, April 25, 2015

FO: Broken Seed Stitch Socks

Sorry for the lack of posting. The end of the week just sorta got away from me. But in that time, I did managed to finish up the Broken Seed Stitch socks.
 
This is definitely a cool - but very easy stitch pattern. It's the perfect use for those skeins of yarn that just don't want to play nice with any pattern. Just pair them with a coordinating solid and bam!
Problem solved. I can see these working in so many colours. (There are some great examples on Ravelry). I've already considered making another pair. And can I just say... there's just something about a plain while heel and toe
It just makes these just so.... darling! Definitely my new favourite spring socks!

And with these off the needles, it means I need a new pair for travel knitting. Stay tuned to see what I chose...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

SOOO, are they stranded? Does that make them a bit thicker than standard socks?

Araignee said...

Adorable!

PS: I posted another box of soap to you Friday. These are wrapped better than the ones I sent. Now that warm weather is here I noticed they are starting to produce an unsightly glycerin dew and a double wrap of plastic is what I should have been doing in anticipation of summer. It's not harmful, just not pretty. Toss the icky ones. I've still got a lot to learn about this new soap obsession!

Rachelle said...

I love them, a good way to use the yarns that are lovely in the skein and don't play nicely in socks.

Unknown said...

Very nice. I like the look a lot; how great to pair two yarns that work for one's outfits in spring.