Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bearl-y there

Despite Tux's escape attempts, I did manage to finish up the bear square
It's really more of a rectangle though. It ended up blocking out nice and large - 15.5 inches wide by 18 inches tall - which means I need less squares than I planned to make a decent size blanket. I think I'm going to do six colourwork squares opposite six textured squares of some kind (not sure what yet.)

My colourwork still needs work, but this one isn't too bad. I won't be casting on for another one just yet... I'm itching to get to Sherlock... but as soon as Sherlock is done, I think I'll knit a fox!

10 comments:

Knatolee said...

That looks great!!

elns said...

Oh My! It looks GREAT! I can't wait to see this blanket develop.

Araignee said...

Love. It.

Samantha said...

You did a fantastic job! It's gorgeous!

WildflowerWool said...

What a fun square!

gayle said...

I love that bear!

Anonymous said...

Very cool bear!

Rachelle said...

I really do love that bear, can't wait to see the fox once that's done. I rather like foxes though.

RobinH said...

It looks great!

Unknown said...

That is soooo cool looking; what a great idea for a blanket!! I'm looking forward to more pictures as you progress.