Friday, April 17, 2015

Temptation

This time of year is really hard for me. I want to do so much with the gardens, but there's not much I can do as there's still a chance of frost (and will be right up until mid-may).

All the stores have icicle pansies out, to tempt those like me who just want something in bloom! And of course, they are ridiculously over-priced.

I managed to resist the $15 pots outside the grocery store the other day.... but I just couldn't seem to walk by the bulb display....
 A few of these beautiful lilies jumped into my cart....
Along with these beauties...
And who could resist this funky purple plant?

I can't plant any of these yet either... but I can dream about how they will look in the garden this summer....

And since I just had to have something blooming
  

I have a terrible track record with African Violets, but hopefully I can keep this one going this time. Afterall... my Poinsettia is still alive!

5 comments:

kathy b said...

it is so hard to restrain this blooming time of year. IT is much too early here. We rode our bikes to the Botanic gardens and they have marigolds in bloom already, but in the green houses!
I am overjoyed that our forsythia is brilliant yellow.
My daffodils are up and blooming. More perennials to comes soon.

Watch the cats with Lilies. I am told they are poisonous.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your garden is going to be very colorful this year.

Araignee said...

I LOVE African Violets but I kill them. Those bulbs are amazing. I could plant here but I'm broke so it looks like it will be another bloomless summer. Maybe I will pick up some impatients later in May.
One of the cats brought me a half eaten snake last night. It gave me nightmares. Then today another one drug home a giant dead thing I couldn't ID due to some heavy duty snacking on the cat's part. Explain to me why I spend so much in cat food? I wish I could get them all to stay in. I hate this time of year when there is so many little things to be hunted. :(

elns said...

Yeah, I'm all about those funky purple plants. Those look so cool! Your garden is always marvelous for me, even it's just full of cats and birds and bunnies and conniving squirrels! :)

Rachelle said...

I love that black one, I have a thing for flowers in that shade though; have been perusing a local seed catalogue despite a lack of money to buy anything. I really want to get the black Honeywort for planting.