Monday, April 6, 2015

FO: Kittens and Butterflies

Just in time for Spring... I give you the Kittens and Butterflies blanket!
Dammit, Mother Nature! I said SPRING. There's no snow on the ground in SPRING!!!

Oh well, back to the blanket...
As much as I complained about this, it wasn't a truely horrible knit, and I'm glad I kept with it, because it is darn cute.

I knit it with Patons Weekender Cotton - and while not my favorite fiber, it will be nice and washable for the new owner - and much better suited to her Californian climate than wool.

The patten isn't charted, but written out line - by line. I'm not going to complain about that - pattern writing is a lot of work, and this one is a freebie. It was easy enough for me to take half an hour and chart it out myself.

Finished size is 31" wide x 34" high. A good size, but not too unwieldy for the car seat or stroller.

It's so nice to see it sitting there, already to be packed up and mailed off on pay day. I hopefully have pictures of baby enjoying it not too long after.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

So adorable! I think I might give one of these a try.

Araignee said...

Snow? No way!
It's too darn warm here today and I can't stand it. I would like it a bit cooler. Whine, whine, whine...I can't ever be happy with what's going on outside anymore. I must be getting old.
Anywho..the blankie is adorable. Some little cutie is going to love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh ....that is just PERFECT!

Hope the baby shows up soon. :-)

Delusional Knitter said...

That is the coolest blanket!

Rachelle said...

That is very cute

elns said...

This is love. Seriously. This is absolutely fantastic.