Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Let me out!!!!

Sitting in the office this week has been absolutely unbearable. It's been sunny and warm all week and I just want to get outside....
just like Tux... just get out there and soak up the sun!

And the break in the weather means things are really picking up in the gardens...
That's just one corner of the front garden. And it's the garden that gets the least amount of sun. In a week or two, it's going to be bloom city!

The tree garden is still going slow
There's just a couple of tulips coming up, but I'm holding out hope that the Spring Snowflake may yet make an appearance. (The sprout that came up has since gone missing - damn squirrels!)

Out back, I cleaned out some of the leaves and I think bee garden is going to be even better than last year
The Columbine should go tall and strong this year. (Which makes me especially please since this was started from seed last year)
Hopefully I'll get blooms on the Alpine Aster
And the Black-Eyed Susan's should provide some nice colour come September.

I'm already itching for some new plants and have big plans to expand the garden areas... I think this year will be irises and peonies....

6 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Nice! We have an iris and a peony in our yard. I've seen little green sprouts everywhere and hubby has been raking up the leaves (we got early snow, so it wasn't done last year).

kathy b said...

awwww. We have irises from a neighbor that should flower nicely in a month or so. Our peony bush may have bit the dust by the garage.
Im all about roses now

Anonymous said...

I have a silly question. How does Tux wash the OTHER side of his face?

Rachelle said...

I love irises and peonys; have quite a few of the former here, but the latter unfortunately haven't recovered from being moved a few years ago. Might have to get some more some day.

RobinH said...

You're way ahead of me. I just got the first glimpse of a tulip today, and most of the other garden plans haven't stirred yet. I *so* hear you on the gorgeous weather. So pretty outside...and so much work to do inside!

Lorraine said...

This is the time where I have huge plans for the garden. Of course, this only lasts until June, and then I get fed up with weeding.

Tux looks to be enjoying himself.