Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Felines

As part of my decluttering, the famous cat couch got washed and fluffed. But I'd also rearranged the livingroom, and it's old location was now taken up by the subwoofer to the theatre system.

I considered getting rid of it all together, even though it's Tux second-favourite napping spot. But he hadn't been bothering with it too much lately, opting instead for the furry throw on the people couch.

So I tucked it down the side of the computer desk until I could decide. With in five minutes, I returned to htis
In the five or so years we've had it, Rocky has never bothered with it. It was Tux's domain. Peno would occasionally sleep on the back of it, but everyone in the house knew it belonged to Tux. Even when Mopar was alive, he never slept in it.

After taking the picture,  I just shook my head and went back to my cleaning. A few hours later, I came back to this....
 And that's pretty much the scene every day now. It's since been moved to in front of the people couch (it was bothering Dave when it was by the computer), so it still needs a better home
But I don't know how I'm going to be allowed to move it now....

9 comments:

Araignee said...

I go through that with all our kitty/dog beds. I rearrange them everyday and still trip over them. If there are not right under my feet they won't use them.

Bridget said...

Hilarious! Good luck moving it without your snooper-visors. :-)

kathy b said...

That's adorable. NOw you can't move it!!

Unknown said...

LOL! We have 3 dog beds. I first bought a round one, but with 2 dogs needed another. The next one was a rectangle. It was ignored. Now I added a 2nd round one. The new one is fought over, but eventually at night they settle into the round ones. Old dog gets first choice, younger dog settles for the vacant one. Now the rectangle lives next to my knitting chair and they fight over it! Seriously guys?

elns said...

Oh! That second photo where they are making the cat spoons and Rocky's eyes are closed in what I am enjoying thinking is contentment ... the best.

RobinH said...

Well. It's like when you pull that thing out you haven't used in years and forgot you had (intending to get rid of it) and then you start using it because now you remember. Totally understandable.

Anyway, the cats sleep where they want to sleep. Which is usually underfoot.

Anonymous said...

nope! Looks like it is occupied!!!! LOL

You know the cats make the rules!

Unknown said...

Oh, how funny. Mess with the couch, and they might remind you that it's a favorite spot...don't do anything drastic. Those pictures are so cute.

Judy S. said...

Looks like they've taken charge?