Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Miss Mead

I know you've all been waiting for an update on Mary Mead....

Well... on Sunday, I finished up the last sleeve. I could have probably finished the bands too, but I didn't feel like staying up that late. So, I picked up the eleventy billion stitches for the band, and put it in a project bag to take up to Mom's on Monday.

In between work and puppy-wrangling
I managed to knit it all and get it halfways cast off. Mom and Dad walked in the door at the halfway point, so I tucked it away, and planned on finishing it when I got home.

That never happened, because a certain someone
 (the grey someone, not the black someone for a change) decided he was going to have some digestive issues (time to up his fibre intake!), and I spent the rest of the night (and well past my bedtime) trying to help him get some relief. Those issues lasted in Tuesday evening (this picture was taken shortly after we got it sorted.... I think he was happy it was over). As soon as he was settled, I sat down and turned my attention back to that cast off.. and...
... she's a blocking! (Please ignore the messy blocking mats, someone likes to forget that the basement is shared space, and doesn't cover things up when he starts sawing....)

While it's drying, I'm going to go through the button stash and see what I have that will work.

9 comments:

RobinH said...

Very nice! That will be a lovely color on you.

RobinH said...

Also...those sweet puppy eyes! *dies of cute*

kathy b said...

Oh it is as pretty as I hoped. It looks amazing put together!
Love the kitty snuggles.

Anonymous said...

Hope your sweet kitty is feeling better.

The cardi is adorable! You must have a whole closet full of cute cardis by now.

Araignee said...

I am just sitting down after cleaning up the biggest mess I have ever seen in the kitty box room. It seems we too have a feline tummy bug. I hope it's not contagious. If they multiply that by four I'll have to move.

Judy S. said...

Nice sweater! Love the eleventy billion as I've been on that endless road, too. Ginger and Mocha send their sympathy to your kitty, hoping things are all better now!

elns said...

Aww I love that your kitty is hugging the other kitty. So So sweet. I'm glad there is relief and some rest for both you. I will never throw you any shade for your blocking mats, seeing how I never use mine. Why do I have them again? (I block on a bench ottoman) The sweater looks great, can't wait for the modeled shot!

Unknown said...

Cute puppy and kitty pictures! And the sweater looks GREAT!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Now that's some serious kitty love! So cute! Nice sweater finish too!