Sunday, January 3, 2016

New year, new goal.

Okay, I have to say it... I really flopped on 2015's goal. Despite only choosing six projects to complete, I only managed to make two of them:

Colour Affection
and the Sherlock cardi
Now, I'm not going to beat myself up about this too much, because the real goal was mostly just do more knitting on projects with multiple colours.

And I did a fair bit of that
There was Dad's Deer Hat
And his pillow square
The was Grandma's colourwork beret
and even the broken seed stitch socks
So that's not too bad...

This year, in keeping with my decluttering (which is far from finished), I think I'm going on another stash down and trying to use up a good chunk of what's already in the house.

I'd like to say I'm not going to get any new yarn at all, but we all know that won't happen. Instead, I'm going to limit myself to only buying it if I need it for a specific project...

... and, if I happen to travel this year.... souvenir yarn. (I totally can't rule out souvenir yarn.)

I'll be taking stock of the stash soon, so hopefully, this year I'll be able to put a pretty good dent in it.

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Good luck with the stash down. I think it must be tougher for you than almost anyone in the whole world as you are a yarn producer and are surrounded by temptation all the time!

kathy b said...

You can be proud of your colorwork. It is amazing. Such attention to detaiL!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects!!!!

I'm totally in on the souvenir yarn .....I may have done that this weekend. ;-)

Liana said...

The socks are wonderful! I want a pair for myself too.