Saturday, January 30, 2016

Treasure hunt

Yesterday I took Mary Mead off the blocking board, and got all her ends sewed in. Then in was time to dive into the button stash. Normally, when I make a cardigan, I've got an idea of buttons well in advance... (even if I do change my mind at the last minute.) But this time, I hadn't really thought about it much, so when I started looking, it was with a completely open mind.

I certainly wasn't expecting to find these...
As mentioned before, my button stash came from my great, great aunt. The majority of it was collected over 40 years from the '30s to the '70s.  You just never know what treasures are lurking in there.

3 comments:

kathy b said...

Aww so glad you found them and they remind you of your aunt

Araignee said...

Nice! I can't wait to see the finished sweater. Mug shot please!

Unknown said...

Perfect! I just wish my button stash revealed such lovelies. Mostly they're small and unusable, but since they are from my grandmother and aunt, they are precious to me.