Thursday, June 2, 2016

Cats and presents

I know this is suppose to be a (mostly) knitting blog, but who wants to see knitting when there's the Scrufflebutt around...? (and besides, I haven't knit a stitch since Monday...)
The iceberg that is our little orange Rupert is slowly melting, but it's still big enough to sink the Titanic (Do NOT try to pick him up or clean the litter stuck to his back foot...)
But every day gets a little better. He LOVES to be pet, so once he realizes that's why you're pestering him again, he's all for it.  He's out an about around the house a lot more, though he's still very wary unless he's in one of his "safe spaces" (on the couch, on the top step, or on the blanket box in the bedroom). The other night I went up to bed and found him sprawled across my blankets, and yesterday morning we awoke to the sound of him crying because one of the food dishes was empty. (The other was full... but... he's a cat....)
We've started to play more and I've even got him to purr twice. It's not a loud purr, just vibration really - but its a purr, and it made me so happy to feel it!

And other things making me happy...
Another awesome care package from Araignee! More amazing lotion bars. the pink grapefruit one is going to Mom, and I promised a coworker she could choose another one (though I dont really want to give any of them up.

There were also cute stitch markers and an adorable mini colouring book. Even before "adult" colouring became popular, I loved colouring. I've got the BIG box of crayons and whenever I picked up a colouring book for one of the kids in my life, I usually grabbed on for myself.

Thanks Araignee! I'm working on something special for you!

8 comments:

Araignee said...

They didn't melt? I'm surprised. I'd forgotten all about them until I got an Amazon package today of citronella and peppermint oils that was a hot mess. I feel bad for my mail guy. That box was leaking and so smelly that I bet he is still hating on me. Lesson learned. No more ordering soapy stuff until fall.

Anonymous said...

Ru wants you to know that even though he's not so confident and sometimes gets a little hinky ---- he really, really, REALLY is glad to have a forever home with people who will make sure he isn't hungry and will help him be not so scared.

I think he's even glad to have a bossy older sister!

Bridget said...

Such a cute kitty! I'm glad he is adjusting to his new family.

Lorraine said...

Such a cute Marmalade boy!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I love when they cross their little paws in front like that. Sounds like he's getting more comfortable with his new home.

kathy b said...

Awww he's the luckiest kitty in town!
Do you use feliway wipes or the plug in for relaxing him? I find those things work.

Deb sends amazing gift packages. What a lady.

Samantha said...

Ditto Dee. :)

Delusional Knitter said...

What a cutie! We have a bowl issue in our house as well, Riley prefers the one on the right ... so it doesn't matter that the other one has more food in it if he can see the bottom of the bowl through what is left in it.

I used "Thunder Spray" its one of those pheromone sprays when Nikoh had surgery and Riley flipped out when I brought him home - he acted like it was a strange cat in the house and needed his own safe room, etc etc. It worked wonders!