Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mighty man socks

Dave's Birthday socks are going suprisingly quickly, despite the fact that I don't think I've really been working on them much.

I take them with me to work, but I never seem to actually work on them. I'm too  busy chatting over lunch, or I'm too busy to take a lunch. But obviously the TV knitting I've been doing most evenings has been productive. That's the beauty of mindless knitting.

It doesn't really look like it from that angle, but I'm about halfway down the foot. Another few inches and I'll be able to start the toe.

I'm not in a huge hurry to finish these; his birthday isn't until mid-July. But I'd rather it not be a race to the finish for once.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that colorway!

Araignee said...

I love those stripes!

Bridget said...

I love the colors in the socks! I know what you mean - sometimes you work on pair and even though you know that they are progressing, it just doesn't quite feel like it.

kathy b said...

They are a gorgeous mix of great combination colors. GOod for you, no need to rush.

elns said...

Oh I like them. I am a fan of that colorway (reminds me of one of my favorite sports teams). I'm glad they are going quickly. I think my sock mojo is going to feed off of your momentum!