Thursday, June 23, 2016

More garden goings on...

We had a spate of really humid weather, and now that its passed, Tournament of Roses is blooming all over the place.
Popcorn Drift started blooming too. She was a little mad about being moved this spring, but has bounced back nicely.
The purple lavender looks so pretty beside the white snapdragons.
One of the new plants I bought was a pink delphinium (I got a white one too!) I can't wait until it blooms.
This Sweet William was another recent purchase. My grandma always had Sweet William in her garden, but I'd forgotten all about it until I saw this one on clearance.
To me, it's never really summer until the daisies start blooming... and start blooming they have.
And that means it won't be too long for ripe raspberries...
The blackberries will take longer, but they are worth the wait...

3 comments:

Araignee said...

I raided the clearance shelves at the garden center today and got some sickly geraniums for 60 cents. I'm not sure if the poor sorry things are going to make it but at least I'll keep them happy until the end.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I'm with you on the daisies and raspberries! They are my favorites too! Simple and sweet. Your garden is beautiful!

kathy b said...

Oh I love to see everyone's flowers now in Summer posts! Keep them coming