Monday, June 27, 2016

Just a little silk...

The hot and humid weather has struck again, putting my garden project on hold for a day or two. So instead of melting in the hot sun outside, I stayed indoors and knit...

Oh don't worry, I didn't do anything sensible like cast on for Dave's birthday sock. Or even work on one of the other projects already on the go.... heck no... I cast on for another project! In fact, I cast on for two! (But I'll save the second for another post)
This little wisp is the beginning of Kawaru.
 I'm using Willow Street Silk. I bought it at the Woodstock Fleece Festival several years ago. It's been languishing in the stash ever since. I also don't have a basic white cardigan... which really is a staple. And if you can have a basic white cardigan in silk... even better!

I only have two skeins of it, so I'm going to have to make some mods - but thanks to top-down and seamless - that's easy to do!


5 comments:

Araignee said...

There seems to be a lot of senseless startitis happening out in blogland. It must be the weather. So far I'm resisting. I need to stay out of the stash. That seems to be where all the temptation lies.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooo...that is going to FEEL so good!

kathy b said...

Wow. I can envision your FO and the photographs. My Al should knit that lace masterpiece. It is gorgeous

RobinH said...

Ooh, you have the nicest taste in patterns! This is going to be very pretty.

Unknown said...

It will be stunning! And the kitten from the later post is adorable!!! Almost makes me want a kitten, except for that allergy issue.