Monday, June 6, 2016

Lovely lace

Hey look... knitting!
Yes, that's the Malabrigo lace shawl I started weeks ago. And no, it's not that much bigger than when you saw it last. 

Part of that is because I've barely touched it in the last three weeks. And that's because this is probably the most complex shawl I've ever attempted (so I only pick it up when I can really pay attention to it). In fact, I've had to mark the repeats with markers (which I never do) and I have to mark each row off on the chart as I complete it.
Rupert agrees... those charts just look craaaaaaaaaaaaazy. (You know I had to sneak him in there...) As you can see, I'm through the first chart and onto the second. It's gotten a little quicker now - the pattern is set so I can read my knitting and know quickly if I've made a mistake. There are also way fewer beads in this chart.

But that doesn't mean it's going to fly off the needles by any means. The rows are getting longer, and I still have to be careful. It's a single play yarn and it doesn't like being frogged.

Maybe I'll finish it by the end of summer....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty design! And, it doesn't matter if it takes awhile. Good things come to those who wait ----well, AND knit while they wait! LOL

Araignee said...

That's going to be beautiful. Totally worth all the fuss!
Ru Kitty is looking very comfortable!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You really have to be in the mood for something as "chart-y" as that. I've got a pair of socks on the needles that are intense and sock two has been a real slog. Hope you get it done by end of summer! It's sure to be amazing when it's done and blocked!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I get freaked with the simplest of charts so I am in awe of people who can manage the complicated ones. It's going to be beautiful when done! It is already!

kathy b said...

Im full of admiration for you lady! And i Love an orange/red cat. But you know that. I m not OVER shawls that others make and wear, just I cant' make and wear them. I LOVE seeing yours

Delusional Knitter said...

Lovely!! Ha - I just looked that up and I've had that shawl favorited in Ravelry since Dec 2015.