Saturday, June 4, 2016

Ru-ru rules

There's knitting related content coming, I promise, but right now I just can't get enough of this little guy.
The last couple of days we've really seen a change in him. It started Thursday night, when he came down on his own and wanted to play. I sat on the carpet in the livingroom and we played with some mice, some sparkle balls and the mousey wand.

Then all of a sudden, he jumped up on Dave's foot stool and started rubbing all over Dave's feet. Then Friday morning, just before Dave left for work, Ru started meowing and jumped up on the couch beside me and started rolling around like a fool, looking for scratches.

It's almost like he was a different cat after that. While he's still nervous, he only runs a foot or two now if he gets spooked.

I pulled the sweater out from under the couch, shook it off, and put it on top of the couch and...
... that's where he spent most of the day.
As you can see, he made himself right at home. I guess he finally realized he's staying.
 
Now we just have to work on inter-cat relations...
"Are you sure the shelter doesn't have a return policy?"

7 comments:

Araignee said...

He does look quite content!

Knatolee said...

Peno will crack and fall in love. You mark my words! And Ru-ru will also melt soon enough...he's already trusting you so much! I love his gorgeous markings.

Bridget said...

I love the last caption! By the time we added the Koodle to our family, our oldest cat just walked in the room, took a look, and walked back out ...

kathy b said...

awww. I'm thrilled he's coming around so quicky . Really, for a cat, this is very fast! He's just adorable. Tortis will be tortis and part of their spunk is why they are sooooooo great.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Oh I'm so happy for him!! He just looks so content. That's wonderful. It just feels so good to see strays find happy forever homes.

Unknown said...

Adorable!! Such a sweet face. Glad he is warming up.

Vera said...

He is such a pretty cat! Glad he is fitting in so quickly. Love those pictures of him hogging the entire sweater - lol.