Saturday, I sewed the binding on, and spent the better part of an afternoon and most of the evening tacking it down on the back by hand.
I was a little unsure of the binding. I'd bought it from the remnant bin at Lens, and hadn't brought the quilt top with me to match it up. When I got it home, I thought it might be a little too minty... but once I got it on there, I decided it actually worked quite well. There's so many shades of green in the quilt, it continues the theme of "scrappy-but-coordinated". And it's such a thin band around the edge of the quilt, that it doesn't jump out at you like I was worried it might.
And of course, the backing is another shade of green entirely! I didn't take measurements, but it covered the top of my Queen size bed without falling over the edge, so it should be just perfect for a Double bed.
This quilt was definitely a learning experience. It's far from perfect - intersections don't line up, and there's quite a few puckers. But it's some good experience under my belt for the next one.
And of course, it's still a fully functioning blanket!