The first pair of Christmas boot socks are done
But back to the socks. No real pattern - just 48 stitches, on 3.75mm needles (I usually use 4mm, but it was tied up on another project) and basic sock math.
The yarn is Drops Big Fabel (these socks took two balls), and unfortunately, it's now discontinued. Normally, when I work with a self-striper, I like to used a coordinating heel and toe to prevent breaking up the striping sequence. But I wasn't able to get something, so its all knit in the same yarn
I wasn't worried about making sure the stripes matched between socks, but I do like them to appear in the same order. This is supposed to be easily ensured by starting each ball the same way (either from the inside or the outside), which I did
But it wasn't to the heel of the second sock that I realized my stripe sequence was backwards.
But regardless, its good to have them off the needles and into the Christmas box. I have one more pair to make (in a different colour), but I think I'm going to take a little break from it for now. I think I need something new and fun for a bit... stay tuned!