Saturday, November 25, 2017

Twenty-five things

Dee said we must participate, so her wish is my command...

Twenty-five things about me...



1.  What is your middle name?   
Rose… so  now it’s easy to understand my love of these beauties, eh?

2.  What was your favorite subject in school?  
Art and History. Though I think school could do a MUCH better job of teaching history.

3.  What is your favorite drink?  
 Alcoholic: Mimosa  
Non-alcoholic: Coca Cola

4.  What is your favorite song at the moment?  
Hmmm. That’s tough… I’ve really been enjoying the band The Dead South lately, so let’s go with this one:


5.  What is your favorite food?  
 Another tough one… but I’m really craving Egg Rolls, so  let’s go with that.

6.  What is the last thing you bought?  
 Some new tights, including a sparkley purple pair!


7.  Favorite book of all time?
 Another tough one… can’t say I have one favourite, but the whole Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) is right up there

8.  Favorite color?
 Green, though I love red and pink almost as much.

9.  Do you have any pets?
 You know it!

10. Favorite perfume?
 I don’t really wear perfume any more, but when I did, I love Dior’s Poison.

11.  Favorite holiday?
Hallowe’en. I love the dressing up, the costumes, the candy, and the general time of year!

12.  Are you married?

 Yippers

13.  Have you ever been out of the country? How many times?
I’ve been to the U.S. a handful of times. I really want to go to Britain though.

14.  Do you speak any other language?
I can muddle my way through speaking French. Here in Canada, we start learning it in about Grade 4. We have the option to continue in High School, which I did. I was very good at it, but after that I never used it, and now my skills are VERY rusty. I’m happy to say though, my work is sending me back to school (and paying for it!) to learn (starting in January) because being bilingual will help immensely in my role.

15.  How many siblings do you have?
Just one. A big brother.

 16.  What is your favorite shop?
 All these favourites… so hard to pick just one. Looking at my credit card statement lately, it’s gotta be Old Navy and Missouri Star Quilts!

17.  Favorite restaurant?
 Now this one is easy! Swiss Chalet! I get the same thing EVERY time I go. Quarter Chicken dinner (white meat), with fries and a Shirley Temple to drink.

18.  When was the last time your cried?
 Watching a documentary last week on a guy who rehabilitates European Lynxes and releases them to the wild.

19.  Favorite blog?
Now I definitely can’t pick a favourite there. Just look through my blog roll and you’ll see why.

20.  Favorite movie?
 The six-part Pride and Prejudice from the early ‘90s. Yes, the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. You know it’s good because even Dave will sit down and watch all six hours.

21.  Favorite TV show?
So many good ones out in the last few year… my top 5 – Game of Thrones, The Last Kingdom, Downton Abbey, Ripper Street, and Peaky Blinders

22.  PC or Mac?
I’ve used both and like them both about the same.

23.  What phone do you have?
I have two – my personal is a cheap (ie: free) Android. And work gave me an iPhone 6S.

24.  How tall are you?
5' 7.5"

25.  Can you cook?
I can. I won’t claim to be a great cook. My needs and skills are pretty basic. I’m better at baking, but I think that’s just because I love sweet stuff so much more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY! I didn't know I had such POWER!!! THIS could be dangerous ....now the song "I've Got The Power" is running around in my head. LOL

Valerie Rose is such a pretty name.

Eastside Cats said...

Rose is a pretty name! I've always been partial to Rose, and Lily too. Great questions; you've let us know a lot about you. By the way, when you visit the USofA, where do you go? I only ask because I live in Metro Detroit; we have folks coming over via Port Huron's Blue Water Bridge and Detroit's Tunnel and bridge.

Delighted Hands said...

I learned a lot about you-nice post! I didn't realize you were so tall!
Great name....and you have the gift of growing roses, too! Lovely.

Bridget said...

I love the name Rose!

Dee may start getting power hungry, since I'm planning to do this too ... ;-)

Araignee said...

I love that wedding photo!!