Monday, November 13, 2017

Last stash enhancement of the year...

The last order from Missouri Star Quilt was supposed to be my last... but....
They had another fantastic daily deal! Forty-two 10-inch squares of some really gorgeous fabric.
And it's for a gift.... so it really doesn't count, right? Right!

One of my previous orders included some lovely autumn-themed charm squares. A few weeks back, I started turning them into HSTs. As I started laying them out, I realized I'd made a HUGE miscalculation . One charm pack isn't even remotely enough for an adult-sized quilt. I need more!
They were sold out of that particular charm pack, but this one is made by the same company in similar colours. For the pattern I'm doing, it will mix in well enough..

And these charm squares....
They are for a very special quilt... but you'll have to wait for details on that.

MSQ also has a contest on right now, with scratch cards full of prizes for an order over $25. As an international buyer, I'm not eligible for a scratch card, but they still generously include a consolation prize. My last order came with a little glue stick for applique. This order came with a very nice surprise.
A folding cutting mat.... perfect for quilting on the go! And that ruler? It's a little 2.5 inch ruler Mom recommended  I get. She's been making all these little nine patches from 2.5 inch scraps.
Aren't they just the cutest? I've got a whole box of scrap fabric I could play with....

And this isn't from MSQ, but I was in Walmart the other day (after I foolishly dropped a pot lid on my crockpot and smashed the crockpot to smithereens), and I wandered by the crafting section. They don't have much any more, but they do carry some nice fat quarters at a decent price.
... and this fat quarter pack followed me home.  If my coworker is having a boy, I think this will be a great set for a welcome blankie.

But now I really do have enough fabric to keep me going on quilts for a while. Time to get sewing!

5 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

It's good to stock up for the winter! I love the fabric choices especially the new layer cakes because of the color transition from darks to lights-what fun you will have!

Tired Teacher said...

Beautiful fabric choices!

Eastside Cats said...

Your energy for creating things is inspiring!

kathy b said...

I just wrote a note On Nancys blog as her yarn seems to be doubling in size without much effort!!!

Araignee said...

How DO you manage to get in on the daily deal? I get there at midnight and everything is always gone by 12:01. I love what you got-and those little nine patches, oh my, they are cute!!!!