Sunday, November 26, 2017

In bloom

The frost has done it's work, and there are no more blooms left in the garden...

But that's okay, because things are flowering inside.
I put my Peace Lily outside this summer and the leaves got a little too much sun, but she doesn't seem to mind too much - just look at that big beautiful bloom!
 And there's a second on coming too.

The Christmas cactus also spent the summer in yard, and not long after I brought her back in she started to bud up.
Those buds should start bursting into blooms any day now, right on time.

Those who've been around for  a couple years know a while back, I went a little crazy with Phalaenopsis orchids. I managed to kill them all but one. At the start of the summer, I took it to the office where I have a big north-facing window.
She's so happy there, she started blooming again! Love that pretty dark pink.

And last, but no least, the grocery store had a big display of Amaryllis and Paperwhite kits, and I just couldn't resist.
It will be a little while before they bloom..
Probably just in time for Christmas!

7 comments:

Mereknits said...

I just planted an amaryllis and can't wait to see it bloom. My Christmas cactus's are not looking as happy this year, big heavy sigh!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I still need to get a Christmas cactus again. I had one before my move but had to leave it behind with a new owner. Sigh I love that deep dark pink too and the Paperwhites are so neat looking!

Delighted Hands said...

How lovely to have them in the house and cheering up the place!!
I just brought some plants in yesterday-I used to have houseplants up north but just haven't thought of it here but now I have remedied that!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you'll have a very FLOWERY December.

My cyclamen is doing well. Other than one air plant, it is all I have plant-wise. Come spring . . . look out! I'll be a planting fool!

Lynn said...

Wow you have so many things ready to bloom!!

Eastside Cats said...

Ack! I think I finally killed my Christmas Cactus; no buds at all. Bummer.

Araignee said...

I have such fond memories of my Mom's Christmas Cactus. It was huge. She could make anything grow.