Saturday, November 18, 2017

Patchwork cats

When I posted about my last MSQ order, I showed some black and white charm squares.

I knew what I wanted to make with them, but I wasn't planning on starting that project just yet. After all, I've already got five quilts in various stages of completion. But you know me...
 At first I just sorted them out into piles with the pieces I'd need for each block. But that stack was sitting there staring at me...
So I turned some of the squares into the HSTs I'd need. And then I trimmed down the other charm squares to size...

Can you see where this is going?
A tuxedo cat block! All it needs is an applique nose and eyes... and eight other friends to play with!

7 comments:

The Well Fed Wheel said...

What a cute idea!!

Araignee said...

That is just too clever!

Mereknits said...

Love that block. How can you not start something new when you have that wonderful yarn?

Tired Teacher said...

How fun is that! Enjoy

Judy S. said...

Fun! You are talented! Did you used to do crazy quilting?

Delighted Hands said...

This is going to be such a clever quilt-nice work! Can't wait to see how you like the applique!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea.