Sunday, November 19, 2017

On the line(ing)

Several of you had asked for a closer look at the lining on the Tree Delivery cowl
It's nothing fancy... it doesn't need to be with that yarn - love those colours.
It's a good match for the handspun. It's not exact, but it echos the purples and greens quite well, I think.
If I'm honest, knitting the lining is a total pain. The rounds are long and boring. And the Slinky Cat keeps sliding off my needles. I don't seem to have the same problem with I knit lace with it, I'm not sure why I'm having it now.

But... as I keep telling myself, it will be worth it in the end.

5 comments:

Araignee said...

I've lined two hats and YES. It is a big PAIN but so worth it in the end.

kathy b said...

I am so impressed that you are lining the hat to begin with! I have a friend who lines all her knit hats and cowls with felt. I dont sew so that's absolutely out of the question!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I've never lined any of my knits but always thought it would be so nice to the finish. I think your going to be glad you put the effort in when you're done.

Delighted Hands said...

Such a good choice in the lining yarn-it is a bore but what a great touch!

elns said...

Beautiful colors! We can really appreciate them in the detail photos.