Thursday, November 13, 2014

A study in scarlet

Don't ever let anyone tell you that facebook advertising doesn't work.

Last month, there I was, innocently posting inanities on my wall when up popped an ad featuring a cute pair of red boots. I clicked on it because - hey - they were darn cute.

But I didn't have any money at the time, so I just went on my merry way. But since I clicked that link... I was doomed. Everytime I logged onto facebook, they were there... in the side bar... taunting me. The red velvety material called to me, the black buttons gleamed like shiny little beacons, saying things like...
 "Think of how good we'd look with your little red top and black mini-skirt."
"We're so festive, and Christmas is coming!"
"You don't have red boots.... you need red boots..."
"You deserve it..."

It took two weeks, but I finally caved and clicked the link again... just to give them another look...

...and they were on sale...

...and I could get free shipping...

...and they accepted paypal...

...and then I told myself, that my birthday was coming up...

...and I always buy myself a birthday present...

...so what if it's a month and a half early... the buttons were right, I totally deserve it.

They arrived this week.
They fit perfectly and absolutely love them (though I think I really need to get a move on making a red cardigan now)... but from now on, I'm clearing my cookies after clicking on any too-tempting links...

9 comments:

elns said...

Yes! for the shoes! They are so stylish. I hope you get to wear them in celebration (and shoe victory) this season.

I just commented on what a cardigan master you are, and I would love to see you whip up a red cardigan to rock with it.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, they are SO CUTE!! Good purchase!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

And that's how advertising works :)

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO baby! Those are some serious lookers!

I can see why you could not resist.

Araignee said...

Spectacular!
That advertising thing drives me nuts because I am always looking at gross things for Daddio and then they pop up all over the place. Ick.

Rachelle said...

Stunning, I would love red boots too so I'd better not click anything!

Unknown said...

They are awesome!! But I agree, I need to stop clicking links and finding myself mesmerized by goodies.

Delusional Knitter said...

I'm not a big red fan ... but those are FABULOUS!!! OMG!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Those are super-cute! I would have done it, too. Are they comfortable to walk in? Who cares!