Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Warming up for winter

The problem with being a blonde, when your natural hair colour is so dark it's almost black, is that it requires a heck of a lot of maintainence to stay blonde.

You will remember that back in the middle of October, I bleach my hair out, then dyed it to a lovely, soft golden blonde.
Well, within two days, my roots were starting to show (no surprise, my hair grows really fast, and as I said, it's really dark). But I'm just not one of those girls who's into a lot of maintenance, and touching up those roots ever week or so certainly counts as maintenance. So I let it go for about a month, and then this weekend...
Hello, Red! A nice warm coppery shade for winter! Next month I'll darken it up a bit more to keep on top of those roots.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that shade of red is a GREAT color on you!! It's a keeper!

Araignee said...

I was a blonde for a long time and you are so right about the maintenance. I love the red. It's prefect for peeking out under a fabulous hat!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! I wish I could wear that color.

Rachelle said...

I love that colour on you!

Anonymous said...

I LIKE it. That's a great color!

kathy b said...

pretty! I just went to my natural root color

Lynn said...

both colors look great on you!!! But I can see how you could probably get away with the darker red with the roots to maybe once a week maintenance vs every cpl of days!!! You look great!!

RobinH said...

Very cute! But then I think you look fabulous as a brunette, too.