Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Heading back to Old Town

With Hitofude off the needles, and only a few small projects on the docket, I decided to turn my attention back to Old Town.

Despite being heavier wool, larger needles and mostly stocknit, this one seems to be growing so much slower than Hitofude. That's one of the things I love about lace - with charts you have little mini goals (to get to the end of a repeat, or onto the next chart) that help you feel like you're making progress.

This is mostly plain knitting with little bit of feather and fan on the fronts... it just doesn't have the same context.
But, I have split for the armholes. The pattern actually has you knit the sleeves before the body, but that makes no sense to me, as it means breaking the yarn. So, I've put the sleeve stitches on spare yarn and I'm proceeding with the body.

I want a decent amount of length on this one, so I don't foresee the body being done in the near future, but row by row, I'll get there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. After working on your last lacy sweater, this project would be almost brainless - for you!! You could almost do it in your sleep, couldn't you??? It is going to be a wonderful garment! Looking forward to how his will look when modeled.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Yes, mini goals - well said! I find the same thing with self-patterning yarn or stranded colourwork. You have more patience for cardigans than anyone! Lovely colour!

kathy b said...

ohhh very pretty combo of yarn and pattern. You nailed this one. Its going to be gorgeous

Araignee said...

Lace does seem to fly off the needles no matter how involved it is.

elns said...

I love that color! Your are a cardigan master. I just favorited this on ravelry because of you!

Rachelle said...

That is pretty too, and I'd love to knit it myself if sport weight yarn was a little easier to find here. Instead I'll admire yours :)