Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ribbit....

This week must be the week of forgotten projects. Remember this?
It's Princess Franklin. I started a scarf version for Dave way back at the end of January. It was suppose to be a Valentine's present, but I didn't get it done in time. It got tucked away and I figured I'd pick it up again before Christmas.

As Christmas is usually such a busy time, I didn't put it on my list. If I got to it, great, if not, I already have a few things put away for him.

But as you know, my Christmas list is in fantastic shape this year. So the other day, while cleaning up the craft corner, I pulled it out and dusted it off (literally.... I really need to dust on a more regular basis... AH-CHOOOO!)

But the more I thought about finishing it, the more I just wasn't happy with it. About halfway through knitting it, I realized I'd made it too wide. Being loathed to frog, I kept going and finished the knitting.
And as you can see in the first picture, I'd even started some of the weaving.  Put when I pulled it out again, I realized, not only was it too wide... it was really too short. Oh, it was an alright length for someone like me; someone who isn't crazy tall and prefers shorter scarves. But for Dave... over 6 foot and built like a linebacker.... it was just going to look ridiculous!

So.....
Let's try this one again, shall we?

5 comments:

kathy b said...

Sometimes you have to frog. I feel your pain and your Joy as you start again!!!

elns said...

You're my hero. I really think it's good for me to read about such industrious and creative knitters, as yourself frogging. It allows me to trust my instinct and not feel guilty about putting in time on something that will never be finished. Afterall, that's part of the journey right?

Delusional Knitter said...

Sometimes frogging feels so good ... but in my opinion usually only on those projects that have been sitting for a long time - like yours here.

Araignee said...

Oh, no......it did make a nice kitty blankie though.

Rachelle said...

I had a scarf once that got frogged twice before I got the right width and length combo. It was worth it.