Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Keeping my Prince Charming warm

 I restarted Princess Franklin with 45 stitches and I think I've got the perfect width now!

Since this is all just garter stitch, it makes perfect TV knitting. It's also easy to pick up and put down, so it's been marked out as my weekday evening knitting, with Cygnus saved for the weekends (because we don't want any more tinking!).  

I've managed to complete about a repeat and a half, but I've got a long way to go until I can start the weaving again. How long do you think it should be for a 6 foot man? I'm thinking about five feet...  
... so only 51 inches to go....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This scarf is looking goooood! Yes, I think another 51 inches would be about right. LOL. At least it's good TV knitting, like you said.

Anonymous said...

Pretty color combo.

elns said...

Dude, I'm not going to lie, I'm really excited you picked up this project again. It looks really good, I can't wait to watch it grow.

Araignee said...

Nice! The longer it is, the warmer it will be!

Unknown said...

Depends, I would think 6 feet would be more appropriate, but then it might depend how much he likes to wrap a scarf. It's going to be handsome, I would say adorable, but that might sound too girly for him. LOL!

kathy b said...

It is so pretty. I love TV knitting and alas, I've cast on another Trap scarf. I may have to rename my blog: Traptastik!

RobinH said...

I'm with Chrisknits, depends on whether he just hangs it around his neck, or whether he likes to wrap it. If he likes to wrap it, 5 feet is too short. I need at least 6 feet to get a good wrap.