Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Acquistions

Over the past few weeks, I've brought home several new beauties for the stash. I've been really good about using up stuff already in the stash... and most of these new ones are already slated for projects, so I don't feel too bad about stashing them

First up... a new yarn base
This is the mohair/merino I mentioned several posts back. We're most likely going to call it Mountain Cat. I'm going to test it out on a pair of gloves (to go with my Loop cowl). If we like it, you'll see it in the shop.

Second... I showed a pic of these when they were still in the blank
Some gradient Barn Cat (Aqua to teal to grey) that I'm going to use for Katzenjammer. I'm thinking of making a little purse. I just need to snag a skein of nekkid Barn Cat next time I'm up in the studio.

Third.... Some more Big Fabel
The worsted socks I made for Dad have been a huge hit. I didn't think he'd get a chance to wear them until hunting season... but he's been wearing them all over the house all winter. So he'll be getting another pair for Father's Day.

Fourth..... more handspun by Mom.
If this looks familial it's because it's the same colours as a hat I made back in the fall. Mom spun up another braid and I told her I needed matching mittens, so home it came with me. (She has another braid.. so there may just be a matching cowl at some point....)

And finally.. even MORE handspun by Mom
She spun this up the other week, and was lamenting that she just wasn't that fond of it. Say no more! I'll give it a good home! this is the only one that doesn't have a project planned, but I'm sure I'll find a good use for it!

7 comments:

RobinH said...

Ooh, the pretties! And that skein you're mom isn't fond of? Delicious! I can't wait to see what it looks like knit.

Unknown said...

Great acquisitions....and gorgeous colors!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you made some very colorful scores!

Can't wait to see them all knit up.

Araignee said...

Want. Want. Want. It's all fabulous!

Rachelle said...

I love them all, but especially the unwanted handspun one!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your stash must be the most amazing! I especially love all the handspun from your Mom! And how nice to hear that your hand knit socks are being so thoroughly appreciated by your Dad!

WildflowerWool said...

All the yarn is beautiful. The handspun is amazing!