Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lazy kittens

 
Yep... that's the kind of day it's been. Sunny, but lazy. But it has meant a fair bit of knitting time.
As a result, the kitten blanket is growing. As you can see, I've added quite a few butterflies. The butterflies aren't written into any specific part of the pattern - you're just to putt them where you feel like it. Mine look random, but there is a bit of a method to how I'm adding them.

I've got about six more butterflies to go (or about six inches) plus the top seed-stitch border. I was hoping to finish it up this weekend, but those inches take longer than you'd think. So it will probably take at least another week. And I can't wait to get this one off the needles! The cotton is going to be nice and soft and washable for the recipient... but for the knitter, it makes things a bit of a slog!

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Pretty!
I could use a good nap in the sun. It's cold again...bah.

Anonymous said...

Kitties sure do know how to take it easy.

Love the kitties and butterflies on your blanket. So cute.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Soaking up the sun - can't argue with that! My feline companion is doing the same, but when the door opens she runs inside! Still too cold!

Unknown said...

What an adorable baby blanket! Love it!

kathy b said...

I love how the kitten part is the hardest and you get that over with

Samantha said...

You certainly have made a lot of progress! :) I love the butterflies. At first I thought they were paw prints.

Donna said...

It is looking real nice so far. That cotton can be tough on the hands though.