Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Back on the job

My Boboli Lace arrived yesterday.
So I can get back to the cowl this week. But don't expect to see the pattern released any time soon. Since I only need the new ball for a few stitches, I decided I might as well design a hat to go along with it and use up the rest of the ball (because I still have two balls of the mohair too). It's going to take a little bit as I really gotta get these WIPs cleared out.

And something else might have come along in my package. I needed another $10 to get free shipping so....
I thought I'd take a chance on some more mohair. This is Crystal Palace Kid Mohair (mohair, merino, and nylon). The colour is Feldspar - and it was just so pretty I couldn't resist - even though I couldn't feel it first.

When I got it, I wore it on my wrist for about an hour
there is some itch, but it's not terrible. I think I can handle it. Now I just have to decide what to knit with it! Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, what we do for free shipping!! LOL! The yarns you picked are gorgeous!

Samantha said...

That was fast. Or at least it seems fast to me. I love when deliveries come quickly. Free shipping is the best shipping. I can't wait to see the cowl finished. :)

elns said...

I love that color way, but I'm backing away from the Mohair. It gives me the horror movie, deer in headlights face.

And you're designing a hat now too to match? Seriously girl, do you sleep?

Araignee said...

The new yarn is so pretty. I have no idea what to do with mohair except make something where it never touches my skin. I made a beret once but I lost it. I made a very open shawl with it once and it wasn't too bad since it was purely decorative. I made a regular shawl once and it was....itchy. I call it my funeral shawl because I only wear it to...well, you know.

kathy b said...

Ahhh you fell for free shipping and why not? I Love FREESHIP
I have no idea what you could make with that mohair unless you weave it with another yarn for a hat brim

Anonymous said...

A bracelet????


(Okay .....you can smack me. Well, if you could REACH me, you could smack me!)

Have fun with all your new yarns.

Rachelle said...

That is very pretty and quick shipping! I don't expect my order for them to arrive quite that quickly, but should still be quick enough (and it was also free shipping).
One possible pattern is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/filigree-6; it has the advantage that it's not against your skin

WildflowerWool said...

Great new yarns, why pay for shipping when you can have more yarn :)