Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Short and sweet

After the rough start to the week, I needed something to cheer me up. And I think a quick knit hit is just what the doctor ordered
So as much as I like the thought of long Broken Seed stitch socks... I just don't have it in me. They have a three inch leg and I couldn't be happier. These will fly off the needles, even with them only being lunch knitting.

And don't you think they are just so darn cute?

Another thing that's making me happy....
This great furry find. I've been looking for the perfect mukluks all winter. Most of the ones I like we're well out of my price range (but oh so lovely....). A coworker has a gorgeous grey deerskin/rabbit fur pair - but she paid $400 - that's just not going to happen for me.

But I popped into the mall today to get a phone card for my cell phone (just in case Stella acts up again, I don't want to be left with no minutes!) and there they were on display in a store front... end of season clear-out for $10.

I may only get to wear them for a couple more days.... until next winter, but they are already bringing a smile to my face.

7 comments:

Araignee said...

Whoa....crazy boots!
The socks are terribly cute. I totally get the eagerness to bail early on the project. I'm feeling the same way about a certain shawl I've started.

Donna said...

$10?? That's a great deal! Those are real funky - I love them!

RobinH said...

What? No photos of cats inspecting these new 'mukluk' creatures invading the house?

They look lovely- I'm sure they'll keep your feet toasty.

And those socks...yum. Must knit those socks. (I stalk your pattern list, you know! You have such lovely taste!)

Unknown said...

What a great find on those boots!!

kathy b said...

Love your sock s......I too have stalled on a sock pattern....I'll let it rest a bit

lexa said...

What a buy!

Anonymous said...

Those are some seriously furry FEET! LOL Those should keep you toasty warm.