Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's so easy being green

Green hands - the sign of another successful dye day. Yup - I was up at Mom's yesterday to get pics of a couple FOs (Those posts will follow in the next couple of days) so I thought I'd do a little dyeing.

The plan was just to do one bag of Solo Cat
Which turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself....

But then I might have done up a couple of skeins of  potential new base
See those little fuzzy bits... yep... it's a mohair blend! We're going to give it a try and see if it's worth putting in the shop.
Then I dyed up a couple skeins of House Cat. They are going to be part of a prize pack for an upcoming KAL (details coming soon).

And then I dyed up a nice long blank of Barn Cat.
It's going to be the background for my Katzenjammer project, which I hope to cast on as soon as I get some WIPs cleared out.

7 comments:

Knatolee said...

Pretty colours!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Time to garden! After all you have more than a green thumb going on there!

Katzenjammer looks awesome ... but isn't that an awful lot of stockinette for you? Just sayin.

Araignee said...

Ohhh......a blank! I haven't dyed one in ages.

kathy b said...

Now that's how you really put your hands and heart into it

Samantha said...

Those colours are great! So springy! :) Katzenjammer looks like a lot of fun. That base will be nice for it. And yay, a new (potential) yarn base!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarns .......and the green goes so nicely with your sparkly nail polish.

Rachelle said...

Katzenjammer looks great, what are you going to make the chart into? I'd better not let my eldest see it, he might decide he needs it and then I'd have to knit it.
Loving the colours you dyed