Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Spring cleaning...

... but not that kind. Nope.. This month I am making the commitment to clean out my WIPs.

I currently have seven projects on the go:

1) The Loop
It's on hold for a bit though. I ran out of the Boboli Lace 60 stitches before the end. Thankfully Loveknitting.com carries it (and in the right colour) because I won't be going back to Chicago in the forseeable future. My order should arrive in a week or two and it will be nothing to get it finished by the end of the month.

2) Dave's socks
I'm on the heel of the second sock, so there should be no problem finishing these before the month is through.

3) Cats and Butterflies
My coworker's baby is two months old now, so I need to get a move on this one. I keep meaning to chart the rest of the pattern to make it easier to follow.

4) Cygnet
Nora's Daddy still hasn't gotten me her measurements, but I think I'm on the right track (if anything, it's too big and she can grow into it). Her birthday is on the 14th, so it would be nice to get it done for then.

5) Old Town
Just one sleeve to go... if only I actually wanted to finish it...

6) Eyrie
A shawl design I started a long time ago. I was hoping to release it along with Highgarden (which will be released soon.) There's not enough time to get it done, tested and released, but it would be nice just to get it done!

7) Twyla (Rainbow version)
As soon as I ran out of yarn on the cowl, I picked this up again. It shouldn't take too long to get it off the needles.
I'm almost done the seed-stitch, then it's just a few inches of ribbing (on 2/3 the number of stitches). It will go nicely with my gloves. And I'm going to whip up a matching cowl on Mom's sock machine... because it's not like winter is going to be done any time soon!

9 comments:

kathy b said...

You are sooooo close with the sweater!
I love the baby blanket.
You have some great choices for finishing!
I'd probably just cast on new!

Araignee said...

That's a heap of work you've got lined up but what a great finish it will be!

Anonymous said...

Are Dave's socks the "Minion" colorway?

Every time I see Loop I fall more in love with that color.

Samantha said...

I totally forgot about the baby blanket. It's going to be adorable once it's finished. The nice thing about blankets? Babies don't generally outgrow them too quickly.

Rachelle said...

So many pretties! I'm seriously wanting to cast on something new, but am resisting cos I know the shawl will suffer if I do.
I can't wait to see the finished Twyla; love handspun (in fact handspun is what I'm itching to cast on)

Donna said...

Your WIP pile looks like mine. I am making that my goal for April - get them all done. You will feel great once they are done!

Unknown said...

At least you are well on your way with each project. Good for you for wanting to clear out your WIP's.

elns said...

Wow, I love you showing us what you're working on. I love the idea of Spring Cleaning the WIPs. Very inspiring!

Knatolee said...

Beautiful work! I am envious of your knitting/designing/dyeing talents and feel lucky to own a "Valerie original:"! :)