Monday, March 2, 2015

Peno's got a brand new friend

There's still too much snow, so I can't get to the feeder. Instead, I've just been tossing the seed on the snow mound right outside the back door. Peno loves it. She's got an up close and personal look at the birds.
... and she's gotten quite stealthy about it. But Sunday morning, she didn't need any stealth.
Mr. Squirrel knew there was no way she was getting through that glass. (Pardon the filthy window.. it's all cat nose prints....)
They checked each other out for quite a while before Mr. Squirrel decided it was safe enough to have a little snack.
The pair of them are going to be quite disappointed when the snow finally melts.

10 comments:

Samantha said...

I've given up on apologizing for my filthy windows. LOL Peno is cute. :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

My cat does this too ... watching squirrels through the windows. Come summer when that patio door opens, the squirrels are nearly so brave!

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to watch them check each other out and befriend each other through the glass barrier? Cute pictures!

kathy b said...

Ahhh kitty love for squirrels.....I think its universal!
The squirrels chatter at my cats when spring arrives and they can be nearer to them on the screen porch.
I prefer chipmunks, for their cute factor though

Araignee said...

So cute! Pup sits up in my bug front window and you should see how filthy it always is from her nose prints.

Rachelle said...

I don't apologise for my filthy windows, however I do need to do something about my mirrors as selfies are hard when they're that mucky! I figure cleaning the windows at the moment would be a waste as we're getting double glazing sometime this month.

elns said...

I love the animal encounters at your homestead. Peno is beautiful. I'm team Peno, I don't trust the wiley squirrels, ha!

lexa said...

That's too cute, lol.

Anonymous said...

Peno is ready just in case that squirrel DOES get inside. ;-)

Delusional Knitter said...

Hahaha! So cute!!