Wednesday, March 18, 2015

FO: Diamond Dave

As promised, after finishing Saturday's blog post, I put the toe on Dave's socks...
So that's another WIP I can now call an FO! Nothing super fancy here - just a simple 2-2 garter rib. The yarn is White Birch Fiber Arts and the colour is Diamondback. I used some Alley Cat for the heels and toes, just so I wouldn't have to break up the striping.

I considered giving these to Dave before he left for the cottage (it's still pretty chilly there), but I've decided to tuck them away for now. He's got a birthday in a few months, and I like feeling ahead of the game!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Guy "diamonds" for Dave? Perfect birthday present!

elns said...

Awesome socks. I love the colorway with the pattern. I have never done a solid toe and heel with stripey or variegated yarn. I like it! I will have to try, it makes the socks look super polished!

Araignee said...

They really are socks that rock. That colorway is gorgeous and your contrasting toes and heels are gorgeous.
When I first started knitting socks, way back in the stone age, good German yarn came with contrasting sock colors and special elastic thread to knit in with it. I still have one set ( I think) that was so pretty I never knit it and instead turned into a pet kit. Hmmm....I wonder where it is....

kathy b said...

beautiful BEE you ti FUL

Anonymous said...

These will make a great birthday present!

Congrats on the very cheery finish!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Awesome socks! And the contrasting heels and toes are perfect.

Good plan to put them away - they're the perfect gift and yes, it's nice to be ahead of schedule!

Donna said...

I love them! The yellow and grey look so good together.

RobinH said...

Wonderful! I like the contrasting toes. And garter rib is a great stitch, I've used it several times.