Monday, March 9, 2015

FO: Color Affection

I know, I know... you've been waiting a long time to see proper pics of this one
But there was just no time for a photoshoot before my Chicago trip. And it's been crazy busy since I got back. But Saturday, Mom and I carved out a few minutes to do a couple of shots in her backyard
I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this knit, considering it's all garter stitch (which normally bores me to tears). But the colour changes kept it fun. And the short rows on the bottom section kept it from being a total slog.
It knit up far quicker than I though it would. I used three skeins of Twinkle Cat (Coal, Loden and Merlot), and I think they were a great combination. And the sparkle adds just a bit of fun to it. It's been so cold over the last several weeks that it's seen almost constant wear (Outside as a scarf, inside and a nice little shoulder warmer)
This one had been in my queue pretty much since the pattern was released. And I'm so glad I finally got it done. It also means I can mark the first project off my Year of Colour goal list! I'll be starting another one as soon as I get some other WIPs cleared out

10 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

Great colour choices. I love this shawl and wear my all the time too.

kathy b said...

Really really pretty. Good a great finish. Great photos

Anonymous said...

Looks like with those colors you could wear it with just about anything.

Beautiful finish!

Araignee said...

Love it! It's one of the rare patterns I've made twice...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's really lovely! And it suits you to a "T"! Nice!

Samantha said...

It turned out beautifully. :)

Rachelle said...

It is truly gorgeous and I think garter stitch lends it an extra squishy warmth.

Lorraine said...

Nice colors- I really like this new generation of garter stitch shawls. They're very architectural.

Unknown said...

A shawl is such a practical garment. I love the colors you chose. Great photos!

elns said...

It's beautiful! One day I'll take a crack at this again. I pulled too tight so it puckers.

Those colors should make it a wardrobe staple!