Sunday, November 27, 2016

FO : Knit Night Hat and Gloves

No... you're not having deja vu... I've done it again....
Another set of Knit Night hat and gloves. This time in a skein of handspun, and this time for me. With all the stress of the car, and the chaos that surrounded all the logistics, I just haven't been in the mood to work on lace - which other than my socks is the only thing I have on the needles right now.

So I went stash-diving (not difficult now that it's been reorganized), and came up with a skein of Mom's handspun. I didn't have any in worsted, which the pattern was written for, but it wasn't hard to adjust it for the sport-weight handspun.
It was a beautiful skein of SW BFL... (fibre from Nest), just full of colour. I didn't see the true beauty of it until I got it outside in the natural light.
There was about 280 yards and it was just enough for a nice slouchy hat and the mitts. When I made the first Noro one, I was certain the pattern would be perfect for hand spun... and I wasn't disappointed.
And no... you're not seeing things. My hair is quite a bit lighter than last week. I'm in the process of bleaching it down so I can do something really fun with it.... stay tuned!

5 comments:

Araignee said...

Whoa...that's amazing!!! So fast! I can't wait to see the big hair reveal!

Anonymous said...

Love the hat and mitts. That is a gorgeous color yarn!

Can't wait to see what you do with your hair.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I'm on pins and needles....I love fun hair surprises!!

Delighted Hands said...

Love the hat and mitts! Nice and fast knit for such a great set!

I' a natural hair color kind of woman so I'm a bit worried about the hair bleaching! lol

kathy b said...

Love the finished set. Can't wait to see the hair reveal!!! Such fun