Saturday, November 5, 2016

Just a little jaywalking

With Going My Way off the needles, I needed a new travel project. So earlier this week I did a little stash diving and came up with this.
A ball of Berroco Sox - the last of my souvenir yarn from my Chicago trip two years ago (hard to believe it's been that long!). When I bought the yarn, I didn't realize it was a self-striper. I just liked colours. It wasn't until I started knitting into a pair of Broken Seed Stitch socks that spring, that I discovered it's true nature. Striping wasn't a problem, but that pattern wasn't going to do it justice, so it got tucked back into the stash and there it's sat ever since.

But with autumn in full swing, and me in need of a simple, mindless knit, I thought it was time to pull it out again.

I considered making a pair of vanillas, but that was just a little too mindless for my mood right now. I was looking for something simple, but fun, that would work well with a striper when I remembered a pattern I have wanted to make FOREVER
The Jaywalker sock!

This is definitely one of those knits that's going to go quickly - even if it is mostly travel knitting. It's one of those "just one more stripe" patterns that's hard to put down.

Of course, I'm going to have to put it down....Corvin and the Lace Tunic have been giving me some dirty looks....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love knitting Jaywalker. It is SUCH a fun pattern and you picked the perfect yarn to show it off! Have fun!

Araignee said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS!!! Jaywalkers are perfect for it.

Delighted Hands said...

These are so pretty! I love to do a ripple pattern; you will have a gorgeous sock!

Vera said...

Perfect pattern for your gorgeous yarn! Love them.

RobinH said...

Beautiful pattern but not very stretchy. I had to increase the stitch count (reduce ease to 0 ) to ensure that it fit.

Rachelle said...

That's a pattern I've always wanted to try, I actually am casting on a self-striping yarn so might print it out now.