Wednesday, November 9, 2016

You knew it couldn't last...

... startitis is a disease that can't be stopped, only delayed. And while I have managed to put a few rows on the sleeves of Corvin, I just had to cast on for something new....
Well... something old, really.

Four years ago,  I designed this little vest.
My intention was to write up the pattern, get it off to testers, and get release it to all of you. Don't ask me why that never happened... I'm not entirely sure. The only thing I do know, is that somewhere along the way, I lost all my charts and notes, but I never truly lost the desire to add it to my roster of designs.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately because it's a design that would work so nice with my sundresses (especially one of my new ones!). So I dug out some Jungle Cat...
 ... and set to work. 

Without the original charts/notes, I've had to try to figure out what I did by looking at the original vest. As a result, it's going to be a touch different... but I'm quite pleased with the differences so far. This version will also have sleeves, but both options will be available when I release the design. Hopefully it won't be four years from now.

4 comments:

Araignee said...

Oh...I LOVE that!

Dee said...

That color is going to be lovely with that pattern.

Startitis isn't a terrible thing ..............but finishitis is more fun!

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, I love a strike of the genius! Good for you.......it looks very pretty so far!

kathy b said...

It is so pretty already. I love the yarn color. I have to have the pattern to give my daughter as a gift. Its very her!